A Creative Commons license applies. Open access content has to be freely available online, and through licensing their work under CC BY, authors grant users the right to unrestricted dissemination and re-use of the work, with only the one provision that proper attribution is given to authors. This liberal licensing is best suited to facilitate the transfer and growth of scientific knowledge. Thus, according to it:
- Copyright on any open access article in the International Journal of Prenatal & Life Sciences published by cosmoanelixis is retained by the author(s).
- Authors grant cosmoanelixis a license to publish the article/ manuscript and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
In submitting an article to the International Journal of Prenatal& Life Sciences, the author certifies that;
- She/He is authorized by her/his co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- She/He warrants, on behalf of her/himself and her/his co-authors, that:
- the article/paper is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- She/He/They are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to cosmoanelixis and the International Journal of Prenatal & Life Sciences are not in breach of any other obligation;
- the article/manscript contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- She/He/They have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article/manuscript. To her/his/their -and currently accepted scientific knowledge- all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article/manuscript will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user on any level.
- She/He and all co-authors, agree that the article/manuscript, if editorially accepted for publication, shall be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0. In line with the publisher's policy, data included in the article shall be made available under the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver, unless otherwise stated. If the law requires that the article be published in the public domain, she/he/hey will notify cosmoanelixis and the International Journal of Prenatal & Life Sciences at the time of submission, and in such cases not only the data but also the article shall be released under the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver. For the avoidance of doubt it is stated that sections 1 and 2 of this license agreement shall apply and prevail regardless of whether the article is published under Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 or the Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Dedication waiver.
Notes for clarification
1. A License under Creative Commons 1.0 Public Domain Waiver is used when the data used was the result of a great number of researchers or people involved eg. tables, statistics etc. In such a case, the attribution of rights can not be restricted to one or a small group of people but to the mass. This license refers to the data only, not to the discussion/ presentation of data or the analysis of data.
2. The Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 provides the following summary
Users are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms:
- Attribution— the user must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, andindicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions—the user may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
3. The user does not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
4. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.